BachReach is Bach Aria Soloists’ uniquely interactive, dynamic educational outreach for schools and members of the community. Led by Artistic Director-violinist Elizabeth Suh Lane, the Bach Aria Soloists introduces Bach, Baroque and contemporary music in a fun, exciting, highly informative presentation tailored to the student/teacher audience, FREE to the schools and community, thanks to the generosity of our BachReach underwriters.
The exposure to BAS’ BachReach is an experience that unleashes the imagination of students who may otherwise not have a chance to hear live, high quality chamber music with engaging dialogue, inspiring their own interest in classical music. BAS takes themes from our concert programs with our excellent collaborators to our audiences, in order to demonstrate the multi-genre, imaginative programming that BAS presents to inspire youths by interacting with them during the session, encouraging them to ask questions and see and hear masterpieces brought to new, exciting life.
This popular, educational series will serve close to 1000 students in 2015-2016 with eight-ten BachReach educational events throughout the metropolitan area, partnering with schools, libraries, senior centers to serve non-traditional audiences.
Recent BachReach Performances
- Play On! (2013) and Tango Trio (2014) at Sumner Academy
- Tango Trio (2013) at Cristo Rey High School
- Ferdinand the Bull (2013) at Shane Evans Dream Studio
- Bach, Baroque and Live Music (2013) at Crossroads Academy
- Masterclass (2014) at Blue Valley North
- Marriage of True Minds (2014) at Shawnee Mission East
- Holiday Program (2014) at Lakeview Village
- BachReach (2015) at Bishop Spencer Place
- Ferdinand the Bull (2015) at Mill Creek Elementary
- Bach Shakes (2015) at Mill Creek Elementary
- Composer’s Forum (2015) at UMKC
- Ferdinand the Bull (2015) at Oakhill Day School
- Hallberg Arts Series (2015) in Gardner, Kansas
- Bach Shakes (2015) at St. Ann’s
- Orchestra Clinic (2015) at Blue Valley North
Funding for BachReach is made possible in part by: